Thursday, March 19, 2020

Hello Summer

Hey everyone, I'm here today with a new layout to share for Simple Stories with the Best Year Ever collection. If you haven't seen this collection yet it's absolutely fabulous!  It practically covers all the seasons and holidays.  It has to be the most versatile collection I've ever seen!  

I decided to focus on the summer elements from the collection.  I just pulled out everything that felt like summer and went from there.



I started by cutting out a big heart from pattern paper. I then added machine stitching on each strip.  For the outside of the heart I hand stitch using multi colored thread.



I layered some ephemera in a few spots.  The florals are so pretty!



I don't very often journal on my layouts so one of my favorite embellishments is word and phrase stickers.  I always try to add a few.  I then finished off the layout with a few enamel dots.



Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:
January 12x12 paper 
June 12x12 paper 
Combo stickers 
6x12 chipboard  
Bits & Pieces 
Foam stickers 
Decorative brads 
Enamel dots 

No comments:

Post a Comment